Monday, July 24, 2006


Meet Sammy Flippen. Sammy is 36 years old and has been on death row for 12 years. He is scheduled to be executed by the state of North Carolina on August 18th. You can help to save Sammy!

Samuel Flippen was born to Carl & Rita Flippen in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He grew up attending Gospel Light Christian School and was active in the youth group at Gospel Light Baptist Church. Sam has two older sisters and a younger brother.

In 1995, Sammy was convicted of killing his stepdaughter. Before his conviction, Sammy never had any criminal history. Sammy's friends and family never saw Sammy have a violent temper and even a psychologist who performed an evaluation of him said that Sammy was a non-violent person who was not a danger to scoiety and was actually safer than the average person walking down the street.

Help stop North Carolina from executing Sammy Flippen! For more information, or to see how you can help, please contact savesammy@gmail.com.

5 Comments:

Blogger seth said...

I have sent a email to the governor to please review this and not put him to death for he is not guilty. I will write him too. Seth(hamptonville,n.c)

5:07 PM  
Blogger seth said...

I sent a email to the governor to save Sammy. will write him to.

5:09 PM  
Blogger seth said...

let me know what I can do to help. I have emailed the governor. Tell me what else I can do.email me at sethchildres@yadtel.net

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Dianne Tilley said...

My daugher met Sammy at the beach, and I remember her calling me and saying she had met the "PERFECT GUY". Sammy came to our house and was always a perfect gentleman. My daugher went to church with him and he went to church with us. They each went their separate ways after the summer - but we always kept in touch with Sammy. I had told my two daughters that if I had had a son, I would have wanted him to be just like Sammy. As a mother, my heart goes out to Britnie's mother and also Sammy's mother. PLEASE HELP SAVE SAMMY!!
Dianne Tilley

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a stepbrother who is serving a lifetime sentence in prison (he was with the wrong person at the wrong time) so I understand how bad a sentence that is. Boy we are just thankful that he did not get this young mans death sentence. I will write a note to the governors office to grant clemancy also. I am praying for you. Just don't ever give up.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Circuit City Coupons
Circuit City Coupons