Thursday, July 27, 2006

FRIENDS AND FAMILY RALLY IN SUPPORT OF
CLEMENCY FOR SAMMY FLIPPEN

ST. ANNE’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH

2690 FAIRLAWN DR.

WINSTON SALEM, NC

MONDAY JULY 31, 2006

7:00 P.M.

Representatives of death row inmate Samuel “Sammy” Flippen’s legal team and Jill Wilkes, a life-long friend of Sammy’s, will address a rally of supporters calling on Governor Easley to grant clemency and stop Mr. Flippen’s August 18, 2006 scheduled execution. Ms. Wilkes states that “the death of Britnie was a tragic loss, which Sammy continues to mourn. The death, however, was not the type of premeditated murder that calls for the death penalty. This is a case that calls out for clemency.” Sammy has no history of prior charges or convictions, and no history of prior violence. He grew up in Forsyth County and graduated from Gospel Light Christian School in 1987.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

My name is Shannon Waller Yarborough, and I met Sammy in the summer of 1991. We actually met at Atlantic Beach, where he was fishing with some friends and his brother. Somehow we started talking and figured out that we were both from the Winston area. A group of us played in the ocean and talked all night long. We had a ball.I had never met a guy so charming. Sammy had to leave the next day and we exchanged numbers...I was thinking that I would never here from this "Perfect" guy again...but I did. He called me,and we saw each other over that summer. Sammy was such a gentleman. He was kind, and considerate. Never did he day or do anything inappropriate. Sammy won over the hearts of my sister Shera and my Mother Dianne too. He coined a pet name for Mom that we still use today, "Ms.D"
Even though we eventually lost touch, Sammy's unique outstanding qualitites have remained with me and my family. Sometime right before he was to marry, I found his number and called him. I can still remember Sammy telling me with so much excitement that he was going to be a Dad! I was so happy for him. Then months later, we heard the news about the tradedy. We have had all families involved in our prayers. Sammy has been in our thoughts frequently. My family and my friends were sickened when we heard the announcement setting a date. Sammy was in our lives for only a short summer and we are heartbroken. Our prayers and support go out to Sammy, all of his family, friends, and supporters.
SAVE SAMMY!!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Circuit City Coupons
Circuit City Coupons